Forbes Names 10 IAB Members to Its List of Most Promising Companies in America // Via iab.net


Forbes just released its second annual list of America’s Most Promising Companies and technology is an overall theme this year.The world is clearly being dominated by more tech and digital companies. No surprise, then, that the IAB had two members in the top 10, seven in the top 50, and ten in the top 100.

By Jeff Fryer (@jfryer2000)

Their list also clearly demonstrates the link between digital, innovation, and the economic contribution of the ad-supported Internet on the U.S. economy – confirming a study which we released last October with the Harvard Business School.

ForbesAmericasMostPromising1.gif

Please join us in congratulating Rocket Fuel (#4), OpenX (#7), AdRoll (#30), ShareThis (#35), Mixpo (#39), Rubicon Project (#40), BlueKai (#50), Bizo (#62), LocalResponse (#67), and Media6Degrees (#71). We’d like to recognize each of them as a testament to the energy of American entrepreneurship and the role that it plays in driving innovation and the U.S. economy forward. 

It’s also a wonderful reminder of the impact and leadership our membership has each day. We salute you! See the full Forbes

Leer más “Forbes Names 10 IAB Members to Its List of Most Promising Companies in America // Via iab.net”

Motivational Clips For Entrepreneurs: “At The End Of Pain Is Success” | ***POST DESTACADO***

Welcome to our weekly series “Motivational Clips for Entrepreneurs.” Each week, we post a favorite video clip to inspire and motivate entrepreneurs. Why? Because we know how tough it is being an entrepreneur; and whether you’re launching a venture, trying to execute your business model or raising funds, you need a little juice to help you push the ball forward. I hope these videos are a little juice. Cheers, Scott


http://walkercorporatelaw.com

by Scott Edward Walker

“People often say that motivation doesn’t last.  Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar

Welcome to our weekly series “Motivational Clips for Entrepreneurs.”  Each week, we post a favorite video clip to inspire and motivate entrepreneurs.  Why?  Because we know how tough it is being an entrepreneur; and whether you’re launching a venture, trying to execute your business model or raising funds, you need a little juice to help you push the ball forward.  I hope these videos are a little juice.  Cheers, Scott

“If You Don’t Love It, You’re Going To Fail” (Via Steve Jobs)… Leer más “Motivational Clips For Entrepreneurs: “At The End Of Pain Is Success” | ***POST DESTACADO***”

36 Tips to Build An Explosive Brand Using ONLY Social Media

A few random thoughts in no particular order. Hopefully you will find some of them useful. At the very least, they may kick-start some interesting conversations within your own company…

1. Facebook applications still work. I’ve seen spends as little as $10,000 generate over 5m hits when targeted properly.
2. 300,000 people join Twitter everyday. If you’ve not got a “conversation strategy“, get one!
3. FourSquare WILL be huge. Plan to use it alongside your next event, festival or product launch.
4. The biggest website for 2011 will be http://search.twitter. Find out where your customers are and talk to them.
5. You should be on Google Blog search everyday, interacting with customers in your industry and leaving comments on their blogs.
6. Become friends of EVERY Facebook fan page relevant to your brand. (And then find something relevant and interesting to say).
7. The fastest growing brands tweet between 20-30 times per day. (That’s only a lot of tweets if you’ve got nothing good to say).
8. If you don’t know what to tweet about – Trendsmap is a good place to start for high-traffic keywords.
9. The worlds biggest brands (like Coca-Cola) have up to 30 times more traffic on Facebook than they do on their own website.
10. Use the 80/20 rule. 80% leaving comments and remarks everywhere / 20% generating your own content.


A few random thoughts in no particular order.  Hopefully you will find some of them useful.  At the very least, they may kick-start some interesting conversations within your own company…

  1. Facebook applications still work. I’ve seen spends as little as $10,000 generate over 5m hits when targeted properly.
  2. 300,000 people join Twitter everyday. If you’ve not got a “conversation strategy“, get one!
  3. FourSquare WILL be huge. Plan to use it alongside your next event, festival or product launch.
  4. The biggest website for 2011 will be http://search.twitter. Find out where your customers are and talk to them.
  5. You should be on Google Blog search everyday, interacting with customers in your industry and leaving comments on their blogs.
  6. Become friends of EVERY Facebook fan page relevant to your brand. (And then find something relevant and interesting to say).
  7. The fastest growing brands tweet between 20-30 times per day. (That’s only a lot of tweets if you’ve got nothing good to say).
  8. If you don’t know what to tweet about – Trendsmap is a good place to start for high-traffic keywords.
  9. The worlds biggest brands (like Coca-Cola) have up to 30 times more traffic on Facebook than they do on their own website.
  10. Use the 80/20 rule. 80% leaving comments and remarks everywhere / 20% generating your own content. Leer más “36 Tips to Build An Explosive Brand Using ONLY Social Media”

What Can Entrepreneurs Learn From Mad Mens Christina Hendricks?

This month sees the launch of “From those wonderful folks who gave you Pearl Harbour : Front-Line Dispatches From The Advertising War” by Jerry Della Femina (the original Mad Man). His book has just been republished in order to piggyback on the success of the TV phenomenon Mad Men, which it inspired. The book lovingly describes the inner machinations of Madison Avenue in the Sixties, and is a delicious gossip-heavy read about the golden age of advertising (the title refers to the tongue-in-cheek slogan proposed by Della Femina for Panasonic during a particularly unproductive brainstorming session).

According to Della Femina, the reality of working in an ad agency in the Sixties was actually much worse than what we are seeing on Mad Men. Apparently, in the business climate of the late Fifties and early Sixties, sex was a forbidden subject – everyone did it and yet no one talked about it. But by 1965, the sexual revolution had enveloped much of North America and the advertising industry responded in kind. It either grew its hair or let it down, started drinking in the morning and generally went wild.

Della Femina actually encouraged wayward behaviour in his agency because he figured out that nothing got creative people to come in early and leave late better than the prospect of sexual adventure.


by jeremywaite

This month sees the launch of “From those wonderful folks who gave you Pearl Harbour : Front-Line Dispatches From The Advertising War” by Jerry Della Femina (the original Mad Man).  His book has just been republished in order to piggyback on the success of the TV phenomenon Mad Men, which it inspired.  The book lovingly describes the inner machinations of Madison Avenue in the Sixties, and is a delicious gossip-heavy read about the golden age of advertising (the title refers to the tongue-in-cheek slogan proposed by Della Femina for Panasonic during a particularly unproductive brainstorming session).

According to Della Femina, the reality of working in an ad agency in the Sixties was actually much worse than what we are seeing on Mad Men. Apparently, in the business climate of the late Fifties and early Sixties, sex was a forbidden subject – everyone did it and yet no one talked about it.  But by 1965, the sexual revolution had enveloped much of North America and the advertising industry responded in kind.  It either grew its hair or let it down, started drinking in the morning and generally went wild.

Della Femina actually encouraged wayward behaviour in his agency because he figured out that nothing got creative people to come in early and leave late better than the prospect of sexual adventure. Leer más “What Can Entrepreneurs Learn From Mad Mens Christina Hendricks?”