Elevator Pitches Don’t Work ***RECOMENDADO***


jeremywaite.net | More from this user

Brand Consultant Jeremy Waite explaining why elevator pitches don’t work anymore. Great advice for entrepreneurs and anyone who’s about to start their own business.

Here’s Who Owns Facebook


The Most Expensive Football Shirt Deal in History

Ever since I visited the amazing city of Barcelona (if you’ve never been you’re missing out – only £59 return now from UK!) I’ve always had a great deal of respect for their football club that, unlike others, is owned by it’s members (a little bit like a co-operative). It is this team spirit that originally lead to the inspirational sponsorship coup that got them involved with Unicef. But tough times call for tough measures and ethics only take you so far…

It was announced last month that from July 2011 to June 2016, FC Barcelona will wear a hybrid of the logo of the non-profit Qatar Foundation and the familiar UNICEF logo on their shirts. “Our marketing experts are working at unifying the Unicef and the Qatar logos,” said vice-president Faus of the deal, worth 30 million euros per season (plus bonuses for titles won), currently the highest of any European football club. England losing their world cup bid in such dramatic fashion (Russian and Qatar had their bids accepted instead) made this deal even harder for me to digest.

Although it’s not quite as bad as hawking the shirt to the first betting company that comes calling, it certainly disagrees with the Barça spirit and has many fans up in arms for what they considering a selling-out of the charitable, ‘Mes que un club’ spirit.


Ever since I visited the amazing city of Barcelona (if you’ve never been you’re missing out – only £59 return now from UK!) I’ve always had a great deal of respect for their football club that, unlike others, is owned by it’s members (a little bit like a co-operative).  It is this team spirit that originally lead to the inspirational sponsorship coup that got them involved with Unicef.  But tough times call for tough measures and ethics only take you so far…

It was announced last month that from July 2011 to June 2016, FC Barcelona will wear a hybrid of the logo of the non-profit Qatar Foundation and the familiar UNICEF logo on their shirts. “Our marketing experts are working at unifying the Unicef and the Qatar logos,” said vice-president Faus of the deal, worth 30 million euros per season (plus bonuses for titles won), currently the highest of any European football club.  England losing their world cup bid in such dramatic fashion (Russian and Qatar had their bids accepted instead) made this deal even harder for me to digest.

Although it’s not quite as bad as hawking the shirt to the first betting company that comes calling, it certainly disagrees with the Barça spirit and has many fans up in arms for what they considering a selling-out of the charitable, ‘Mes que un club’ spirit. Continuar leyendo «The Most Expensive Football Shirt Deal in History»

36 Tips to Build An Explosive Brand Using ONLY Social Media

A few random thoughts in no particular order. Hopefully you will find some of them useful. At the very least, they may kick-start some interesting conversations within your own company…

1. Facebook applications still work. I’ve seen spends as little as $10,000 generate over 5m hits when targeted properly.
2. 300,000 people join Twitter everyday. If you’ve not got a “conversation strategy“, get one!
3. FourSquare WILL be huge. Plan to use it alongside your next event, festival or product launch.
4. The biggest website for 2011 will be http://search.twitter. Find out where your customers are and talk to them.
5. You should be on Google Blog search everyday, interacting with customers in your industry and leaving comments on their blogs.
6. Become friends of EVERY Facebook fan page relevant to your brand. (And then find something relevant and interesting to say).
7. The fastest growing brands tweet between 20-30 times per day. (That’s only a lot of tweets if you’ve got nothing good to say).
8. If you don’t know what to tweet about – Trendsmap is a good place to start for high-traffic keywords.
9. The worlds biggest brands (like Coca-Cola) have up to 30 times more traffic on Facebook than they do on their own website.
10. Use the 80/20 rule. 80% leaving comments and remarks everywhere / 20% generating your own content.


A few random thoughts in no particular order.  Hopefully you will find some of them useful.  At the very least, they may kick-start some interesting conversations within your own company…

  1. Facebook applications still work. I’ve seen spends as little as $10,000 generate over 5m hits when targeted properly.
  2. 300,000 people join Twitter everyday. If you’ve not got a “conversation strategy“, get one!
  3. FourSquare WILL be huge. Plan to use it alongside your next event, festival or product launch.
  4. The biggest website for 2011 will be http://search.twitter. Find out where your customers are and talk to them.
  5. You should be on Google Blog search everyday, interacting with customers in your industry and leaving comments on their blogs.
  6. Become friends of EVERY Facebook fan page relevant to your brand. (And then find something relevant and interesting to say).
  7. The fastest growing brands tweet between 20-30 times per day. (That’s only a lot of tweets if you’ve got nothing good to say).
  8. If you don’t know what to tweet about – Trendsmap is a good place to start for high-traffic keywords.
  9. The worlds biggest brands (like Coca-Cola) have up to 30 times more traffic on Facebook than they do on their own website.
  10. Use the 80/20 rule. 80% leaving comments and remarks everywhere / 20% generating your own content. Continuar leyendo «36 Tips to Build An Explosive Brand Using ONLY Social Media»
GENTE COSMO

LIFESTYLE - by Esther Herrero

Being Your Brand

Branding and Strategy for Business and Life

Cruces, Sol y La Imaginación

Cuando la imaginación y la creatividad suman infinito

tranquicomix

fanzine bejarano de historietas hecho en los 80

A Stairway To Fashion

imagination is the key

Vinod833's Blog

This WordPress.com site is the bee's knees

Apasionada de las Redes Sociales

Compartir conocimientos 2.0 y Marketing Online

Zona de Promesas

Blog de Tecnología en Español - Internet - Redes Sociales - Entrepreneurship - Innovación

Top Master | Blog

LOS PROGRAMAS DE MBA Y POSTGRADO MAS INFLUYENTES DE TODO EL MUNDO

La realidad alterna

Poesías, relatos, diario de sueños

Unencumbered by Facts

Taking unsubstantiation to new levels

PsicoEmocions Blog

Un Pont entre la Psique i les Emocions

TEA PTLS NACHO

AUTISMO.TEA..PTLS

Comunicación & Marketing

De Lilian Lanzieri

Xtratexia

Dirección estratégica para la vida

StellarHIRE Partners

Founding Partner, StellarHire Partners - Executive Search Consultants. Recent engagements include Eloqua, SFDC, Tibco and Veeam.

ivanbrunpr's Blog

4 out of 5 dentists recommend this WordPress.com site

BLOGTEC

Noticias de Tecnologia.

T a l e n t o  en  E x p a n s i ó n

Gestión de personas y transformación digital para las organizaciones líderes de la Era del Conocimiento

Two Leaves Tea SPAIN

Great Organic Tea! ✫✫✫✫✫ Te Organico en Piramides

Ideas para la clase

Experiencias creativas en la clase de español.

Little Grey Box

Travel Well

No solo los 80's

La mejor música de la historia

Molly Balloon's Blog

Identity + Dressing + Colour

El OJO PUBLICO. / Глаз общественности

Ver para contar & contar para ver. / Чтобы рассказать

Think Creative Idea Growth Hacking

Expertos en estrategia y auditoria de marketing

The Coaching Alliance

El camino hacia el éxito

Erick Lovera

Mi Pasión en un Blog

Estampas de México.

“Un fotógrafo tiene que ser auténtico y en su obra, debe expresar emociones, provocar reacciones y despertar pasiones.” ~ Javier García-Moreno E.

Natalia Gómez del Pozuelo

Escritora y formadora en comunicación

aloyn

Alimentación, ocio y negocios, ALOYN, es un Grupo dirigido a Directivos y Propietarios de empresas, interesados en el mundo de la industria de alimentación y bebidas. Tanto por la parte de la industria productora como por la parte de la industria consumidora y/o distribuidora (Distribución Comercial, Horeca, Vending, Venta Directa, etc). También nos interesan las actividades ligadas al agroturismo y el enoturismo como magníficas actividades de promoción y difusión de la cultura gastronómica.

Blog de Jack Moreno

Un blog de Joaquín Moreno sobre recursos, literatura y ciencia ficción

Mashamour

Ensalada de Manjares

be.blog

be. Intelligent Multimedia Education

~~Mente en Gravedad~~

************************************************************************************************************

The Xtyle

Fashion Blog - Un Blog de Moda y Tendencias by Bárbara Sanz Esteban

aníbal goicochea

Tecnologías de la Información y Estrategia

A Waterfall of Sound

"Poetry is when an emotion has found its thought and the thought has found words." Robert Frost

Health & Family

A healthy balance of the mind, body and spirit

Style & Design

Fashion Trends and News

U.S.

News, Headlines, Stories, Video from Around the Nation

A %d blogueros les gusta esto: