Mobile marketing has reached the point of explosion, and it is now perfectly clear to most marketers and businesses that taking part in it and using its techniques is no longer an option. It’s a necessity.
To start, business owners must recognize that failing to begin a mobile strategy right now could be suicide.
The first step to getting started is to actually begin. It’s not enough to just know that you need to mobile optimize and start reaching out to smartphone and tablet users. You need to act. Just deciding isn’t going to make it happen. Begin to find out what types of approaches are available so that you can consider their implementation.
Business owners should find an experienced, professional mobile marketer to help to build this strategy.
Strategy must be discussed from the ground, up, and it should address the following components:
• Mobile web – optimization of the original website or the development of a new site designed specifically for the smaller screen.
• SMS (short message service) – also known as text messaging, which can send discounts, contests, and other promotions to consumers, regardless of whether they have smartphones or feature phones.
• Mobile ads – these are typically a hard sell, but in specific circumstances can be highly beneficial.
• QR codes – two dimensional barcodes help to bring the real world and mobile world together and are exceptionally inexpensive to create, implement, and use.
• Check-in apps – last year saw a skyrocketing use of these applications among users of smartphones.