The Facebook ‘like’ button has only been around 12 months and just announced its first birthday that has seen millions of blogs and websites integrate the Facebook ‘like’ button into their online DNA.
According to Facebook’s own statistics.
“More than 2.5 million websites have integrated with Facebook, including over 80 of comScore’s U.S. Top 100 websites and over half of comScore’s Global Top 100 websites”
An enterprising developer, Crossrider.com has now come up with a simple plugin that adds a Facebook ‘like’ button to every Google search result that shows
- How many people liked each of the results
- Who from your friends already have recommended it
I have been trialling it over the past few days and it appears to work well and very easily.
The Top 4 Features(…)
- It provides you with a counter button telling you how many times someone has Facebook ‘liked’ that particular link
- It displays you Facebook friends that have ‘liked’ it and you can click through to their page
- You can ‘like’ the link on the search results page itself
- You can turn it off or hide the function
It certainly gives you an indication of the social proof of each result that adds another dimension to a Google search.
To add it to your Google Chrome, Internet Explorer or Firefox browser click here. Check it out and tell me what you think
Image by Mooi