InMobi has reported that impressions on its mobile ad network increased by 12% in Q1 compared to Q4 2011, up to 9.5bn in total. Apple’s iOS maintained its dominance over Android and RIM OS with a 45.7% share of …
See on bluesquaremanagement.com
Excerpted from the article:
“To stand out from the masses and to reach their audience, professionals and companies must focus on relevant content to be able to engage efficiently.
Social media influencers have become new channels of information and new web publishers or content curators.
Knowing that their leadership is largely dependent on the quality and value of how they engage, they deserve special attention.
The content that they disseminate via the web and social media must meet specific criteria and respect the “5 W rule”: Who, What, When, Where, Why.
1) WHO is target for the message?
Build on the relevant and personalized message…
2) WHAT is the value of the message?
Give priority to rich content and quality of experience…
3) WHEN should the message be distributed?
Adapt the message for different contexts…
4)WHERE should the content be disseminated?
Vary the content sources to benefit from all formats…
5) WHY choose one tool over another?
Select appropriate tools according to their needs…”
read full article here: http://j.mp/GNjGAY
See on www.intelegia.com
This is a cross-post from Altimeter Group Researcher Jaimy Szymanski. I excerpted from the article:
“Curation is taking over the digital content scene. With related applications and platforms multiplying, the act of collecting and sharing content has become second nature for most of us.
When talking data it’s far simpler to look at all the content out there and curate, rather than analyze the gaps and create new, original content to fill them.
This brings up some unnerving questions as well:
– With curation on the rise, what effect will this have on the creation of new, interesting, valuable and thought-provoking content online?
– When (if at all) will curated content be accepted as unique content?
– What happens when curators far outnumber creators?
But, upon taking a closer look behind the why of curation, the researcher found potential value pulling some data from Trendstream.
***Motivations Behind Content Curation and Sharing:
1) Motivations behind curation are positive: to share a good experience, to help consumer pick out good product and to encourage company improvement.
2) Millennials share content focused on “self.” As generations get older, secondary motivation shifts to a bigger picture though, to helping consumers. Add to that the fact that many have grown up recognizing technology as a platform for both utility and self-expression or promotion.
3) Fostering expertise is among lowest motivations. I predict that curated content will increasingly be more accepted as “original” content over time, as long as it contains some unique insight or alteration.
***Where Curation Opportunities Lie:
Curation will prove to be a very positive trend for marketers who are looking to affect their audience via way of content marketing.
It’s quite possible that content curators will also begin to be recognized as influencers in their respective industries, and organizations will treat them as such.
I’ll end with a few final thoughts:
1) The amount of content curated will rise and fall in cycles, as shared content depends on original content creation to survive.
2) Organizations will weave curation into their content strategies, at the very least to ensure sharing of their content is as simple as possible for consumers.
3) Application development – both web-based and mobile – will continue to support the curation trend.”
See on www.altimetergroup.com
Giuseppe Mauriello: If you are searching a plugin to use for your WordPress site as your content hub to curate and create content, and to see full integration with Twitter, you will appreciate immediately the value in Dashter immediately.
It’s a WordPress plugin – so it installs and runs directly inside your administrative dashboard. Your website instantly transforms from a website to a powerful command center for your social media activities.
Dashter is a combination of several powerful social media tools in one. It helps you about:
1) LISTEN to real-time conversations and tweets on Twitter, with an ear towards listening for topics & conversations that are related to the content you post on your website. Filter out the noise and use Dashter’s listening tools to discover tweets that matter to you.
– You can control your entire Twitter account from within your WordPress dashboard;
– View trends in your social circles, use your content as a springboard for searches, and stay connected with your lists;
– Reply, ReTweet, Quote, Favorite, and all your favorite Twitter actions are available throughout your blog. Listen in on any search, list, or hashtag – or just explore.
– Unlimited listening posts in the stream.
2) CURATE with Dashter with exclusive in-line content curation platform is the state-of-the-art in collecting, organizing, and creating fresh content on your site from existing tweets. And unlike 3rd party “curation” tools – the content originates from your website. Add context & build original articles in minutes.
– Every tweet you read inside Dashter includes a Curate option, so you can curate anything that inspires you.
– Curating tweets with Dashter lets you include Tweets in any post you designate. You can start a post and then seek out inspiring or relevant tweets to include, or you can find a tweet first and start a post from there. The choice is yours.
– When you curate a tweet using Dashter, not only is the tweet content pulled in to your post, but we also import the people who were included.
– Dashter will automatically import any #hashtags from the tweets you curate as WordPress tags.
– Curated Tweets can be embedded using our basic formatting, the Twitter Embed method, or using the popular Blackbird Pie plugin.
– Unlike other curation tools on the market, Dashter focuses on driving traffic back to your website.
3) CULTIVATE social relationships on Twitter with far greater depth and precision than ever before.
– Targeted interaction;
– Dashter shows you not only the latest connections but the most substantial ones – giving you insight and intelligence ahead of any social engagement.
– You can truly custom-tune your engagement to everyone you care about. Build passionate and powerful communities around you and your website.
– Interests lie at the intersection of your social engagement and the tags you use on your website – allowing you to flag articles and site content for individuals who you think will care most about them.
4) AMPLIFY your site’s social reach.
When it comes time to share your content with the web – Dashter is ready to help you amplify your message to reach your target audience better than ever before. Dashter includes a built-in social scheduler to help ensure the broadest reach possible.
Pricing: License $65.00 one time, on 1 domain / website. It includes:
*Feature-Rich Twitter Client
*Built-In Social Scheduler
*Advanced Profile Views and Interests Management
*In-Line Curation & Curation Projects
*Post-By-Post Listening in the Social Stream
Try out it: http://dashter.com
Start Dashter tour: http://dashter.com/tour
Watch demo video: http://vimeo.com/33056090
Read also this interesting blog post here:
See on vimeo.com
Mon.ki allows you to discover the people that relate to the information you are looking at. Instead of making you sift through your social networks to identify the people relevant to a given topic, mon.ki acts as your “social compass” by automatically extracting information about the page you are looking at and guiding you to the right people – all in the context of your browser.
The private beta currently supports Twitter and can be downloaded from the Google Web Store for your Chrome browser.
From the article:
“…And Twitter integration is just the beginning. The company is adding support for Facebook, Google+ and LinkedIn, too.
…With thousands of contacts spread out through multiple Google Apps accounts plus social and business networking services, finding who he knew where took a lot of effort. It’s the whole, “I have his info somewhere…” problem that he wanted to solve.
“We didn’t want another application or tool that gives you more management tasks,” said co-founder Delhaes…began thinking how you could build a personal search engine – not one for webpages or documents, but for people.
The resulting tech is deceptively simple, you install a browser extension (Chrome for now), and then, when you need information about the page you’re on, you click it to launch a pop-out sidebar detailing the Twitter profile info of the person or persons related to that page, as well as related tweets.
There’s still plenty of room for improvement, but the idea itself is promising.”
BTW: Due the high interest Mon.ki have received they are activating users progressively.
Check out and read more: http://mon.ki
Download Chrome Extension:
See on techcrunch.com
This is an article by Steven Rosenbaum and published by Mashable. Excerpted from it:
“Good content curation isn’t as simple as pushing a share button.
If you’re a curator here are five best practices to consider.
1. Be Part of the Content Ecosystem:
Be part of the content ecosystem, not just a re-packager of it.
Created, contributed, and collected — the three ‘c’s is a strong content mix that has a measurable impact. Why? Because your visitors don’t want to hunt around the web for related material. Once they find a quality, curated collection, they’ll stay for related offerings.
2. Follow a Schedule:
Audiences expect some regularity, and they’ll reward you for it.
Consistency and regularity will also bring you new users, and help you grow a loyal base of members who appreciate your work.
3. Embrace Multiple Platforms:
Today content consumers get their information on the platform of their choosing. That means you should consider posting short bursts on Tumblr, images on Pinterest, video on YouTube, and community conversations on Facebook.
4. Engage and Participate:
Having a voice as a curator means more than creating and curating your own work. Make sure you’re giving back by reading others and commenting on their posts.
To recommend material that you really think merits their attention.
5. Share. Don’t Steal:
Take the time to give attribution, link backs, and credit. The sharing economy works because we’re each sharing our audiences, and providing the value of our endorsements.
The important thing to realize is that we’re increasingly living in a world of information overload. So when people choose to listen to you it’s because you’re able to separate signal from noise. You provide a clear, contextually relevant voice within the topic or topics that you create and curate.”
Read full article here:
See on mashable.com
LIFESTYLE - by Esther Herrero
Branding and Strategy for Business and Life
Cuando la imaginación y la creatividad suman infinito
el mundo del marketing se activa para ti
fanzine bejarano de historietas hecho en los 80
This WordPress.com site is the bee's knees
Compartir conocimientos 2.0 y Marketing Online
Blog de Tecnología en Español - Internet - Redes Sociales - Entrepreneurship - Innovación
LOS PROGRAMAS DE MBA Y POSTGRADO MAS INFLUYENTES DE TODO EL MUNDO
Poesías, relatos, diario de sueños
Taking unsubstantiation to new levels
Blog de tecnología
Un Pont entre la Psique i les Emocions
De Lilian Lanzieri
Dirección estratégica para la vida
Founding Partner, StellarHire Partners - Executive Search Consultants. Recent engagements include Eloqua, SFDC, Tibco and Veeam.
4 out of 5 dentists recommend this WordPress.com site
Stuff and things.
Noticias de Tecnologia.
Gestión de personas y transformación digital para las organizaciones líderes de la Era del Conocimiento
Great Organic Tea! ✫✫✫✫✫ Te Organico en Piramides
El mejor Sitio en Español sobre lo básico para entender el Dinero y sus matemáticas relacionadas.
...en cada uno de los visitantes
Experiencias creativas en la clase de español.
Travel fun! Inspiring big adventures by Phoebe Lee & Matt Turk
Un sitio más pero diferente sobre marketing digital
La mejor música de la historia
Identity + Dressing + Colour
Ver para contar & contar para ver. / Чтобы рассказать
Marketing, publicidad, web, start ups, emprendedores
Social Media, Redes Sociales, Marketing, SEO
El camino hacia el éxito
Todas las novedades en Marketing, Social Media y Comunicación. Fátima Martínez
Ultimas Noticias de Estados Unidos, Latinoamérica y el Mundo, Opinión y Videos
Mi Pasión en un Blog
“Un fotógrafo tiene que ser auténtico y en su obra, debe expresar emociones, provocar reacciones y despertar pasiones.” ~ Javier García-Moreno E.
Descubre tu potencial de comunicación
Alimentación, ocio y negocios, ALOYN, es un Grupo dirigido a Directivos y Propietarios de empresas, interesados en el mundo de la industria de alimentación y bebidas. Tanto por la parte de la industria productora como por la parte de la industria consumidora y/o distribuidora (Distribución Comercial, Horeca, Vending, Venta Directa, etc). También nos interesan las actividades ligadas al agroturismo y el enoturismo como magníficas actividades de promoción y difusión de la cultura gastronómica.
Un blog de Joaquín Moreno sobre recursos, literatura y ciencia ficción
Ensalada de Manjares
For Those Who Love Infographics
“El arte es la expresión de los más profundos sentimientos por el camino más sencillo”
be. Intelligent Multimedia Education
Un pequeño espacio virtual para pasarla bien