- 5 Magnificent Memes [Mashable Awards]
A favorite meme is a very personal thing — like a perfume, a haircut, a uniquely diagnosed neurosis.
- HOW TO: Use Social Media to Enhance Your Event
If you’re planning a conference, here are some ways to boost participation, networking, and engagement with social media.
- 7 Essential Podcasts You Should Add to Your Playlist
Need new music? Social commentary? Some poetry? Science? These seven podcasts will enlighten, inform, and entertain.
- 3 Examples of Stellar Social Media Customer Service [Mashable Awards]
Social media customer service has become a combination of troubleshooting, engagement and building community. Some companies are better at it than others.
- 3 Incredible Social Good Champions [Mashable Awards]
These three individuals and their organizations are changing the way that we think of activism.
- 10 Social Media Deals to Check In to on Black Friday
We’ve scoured the web and rounded up 10 specials and promotions offered exclusively through social media.
- 5 Facebook Profile Photos to Avoid
Your profile shot is your calling card, your public face. So why do so many of you contort it into that of a duck?
- How Investigative Journalism Is Prospering in the Age of Social Media
Social tools are making the work of investigative reporters more efficient and comprehensive. Take a look at these examples on the cutting edge of social journalism.
- HOW TO: Help Feed the Hungry With Online Donations
Many organizations that give to the hungry also have websites that can accept donations; a lot of these sites even accept Paypal. Check out some of the organizations here.
- How Online Classrooms Are Helping Haiti Rebuild Its Education System
Much of Haiti’s higher education system was destroyed in January. University of the People is helping to rebuild it — virtually.
- For the Person Who Has Everything, Go Online to Give the Gift of Charity
For that hard-to-buy-for loved one, consider a charity gift card or philanthropic donation. Check out this list of sites where you can give a donation to charity as a gift.
Tech & Mobile
- 9 Notable Tech Flops That Live in Infamy
Not all gadgets are destined for greatness. We’ve taken a look back at nine failed tech “innovations” that flopped fantastically in their time.
- 10 Useful Gadgets for Connected Teens
A teen-friendly gadget is a good gift choice for young adults, as it’s a functional item that will prove useful, and if you’re lucky, even educational.
- 10 Unique iPhone Photography Accessories
The iPhone has a great camera built-in, but if you’re ready to take your iPhotography to the next level, check out these lenses, tripods, and other clever gadgets.
- 5 Design Trends That Small Businesses Can Use in 2011
Trying to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to the look and feel of your business website? Consider these 5 trends as you think about design in the new year.
- Why You Need an iPod Touch This Holiday Season
When it comes down to it, the iPod is still the king of portable media players. Here’s why the iPod touch still deserves a place on your holiday wish list.
- 8 Ways Technology Is Improving Education
Technology’s role in schools has evolved from a contained “computer class” into a tool that’s changing how we demonstrate concepts, assign projects and assess progress.
- Hands-on With iOS 4.2 for iPad and iPhone
Apple has just released iOS 4.2 for the iPhone, iPod touch and the iPad.
- Twitter’s Creative Director Talks Design, UX and Inspiration
Twitter’s Creative Director Doug Bowman sheds light on when to redesign a product, why to redesign and how to build a design team.
- Why Your TV Deserves a Roku XDS This Holiday Season
Although we own – and are fans of – many of the various connected devices on the market, for the Mashable 10, we have to give it to the Roku XDS.
- 5 Innovative Technologies Changing Health Care [VIDEOS]
From the operating theater to the patient’s bedside, there are new health care products being revealed all the time. Here are five innovations worth noting.
- 3 Magnificent Mobile Apps That Ruled 2010 [Mashable Awards]
We use and review hundreds of mobile apps here at Mashable, but these three really blew us away. See why they changed the game this year.
- Why You Need a Nikon D3100 This Holiday Season
The bottom line: At just $650 with a lens included, we feel there is no better entry-level DSLR option than the Nikon D3100.
- HOW TO: Boost Holiday Sales With Commonly Overlooked Marketing Strategies
Preparing for the big holiday push? Don’t forget about these tactics that will get your customers visiting and spending more online.
- 5 Fresh and Free To-Do List Apps for iPhone
Making a to-do list on the device you take everywhere — your phone — is a great way to get organized. Here are five fab iPhone offerings.
- Web Font Award Winners Showcase Why Type Matters
We wanted to take a closer look at the three big Web Font Award winners and dive into what makes their use of type so fantastic.
- Why You Need an HP Envy 14 Laptop This Holiday Season
The HP ENVY 14’s features, combined with its attractive price point, make it a competitive option in the laptop market. Here’s why it deserves a place on your holiday wish list.
- 5 Important Tips for Better Eye Health in a Digital World
As our world gets increasingly digital, our eyes are put more and more at risk. Here are 5 tips for maintaining both good eye health and a digital lifestyle.
- 10 Terrific iPhone and iPad Musical Performances [VIDEOS]
Thanks to some rather spectacular apps, iDevices have amazing potential for music creation. We’ve collected 10 videos that showcase some choice performances.
- 4 Social Web Apps for Making and Sharing Your Travel Plans
TripItTripIt, DopplrDopplr, Bumped.in and Globetrooper can help you share your travel plans with your friends, family and even potential travel mates.
- Why You Need an Xbox 360 With Kinect This Holiday Season
For such a novel activity, gaming is about as polarizing as religion or politics. Yet, the Xbox 360 with Kinect stands out as the console to get this holiday season.
- 4 Job Search Tips for Aspiring SEO/SEM Specialists
Want to score a job as an SEO/SEM specialist? We asked the people who hire SEO/SEM specialists how you can impress them.
- Why SMS Marketing Still Makes Sense for Small Business
We spoke with four mobile experts for some tips, advice, and insights on how to include SMS into your global business strategy.
- The State of Small Business Online Marketing Budgets [REPORT]
Small businesses are predicted to maintain steady marketing budgets next year, including spending on websites, direct mail, e-mail marketing and social media.
- Social Point of Sale: The Holy Grail for Location-Based Marketers
If your experience at a restaurant or a retail store was connected to your social profile, imagine the potential for customer service. Here’s a look at what may be in store.
- Small Biz Checklist: 5 Important Tasks for the End of the Year
If you’re a business owner, it’s the time of year to make sure you’ve got everything legally squared away.
- 3 Things to Consider When Staffing a Software Development Project
IT staffing can be tricky business. It comes down to comparing cost, risk and convenience. Here are a few things to consider when hiring for a development project.
- 5 Young Entrepreneurs to Watch [MASHABLE AWARDS]
This post highlights five young entrepreneurs that are making waves in the startup world and who are poised to cause disruption in multiple markets before their careers are done.
[Image courtesy of WebTreats]