FaceTime Communications new Socialite provides granular control of social platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. The application is available as a software-as-a-service deployment (SaaS) or as an on-premises solution as a module of FaceTime’s Unified Security Gateway. Socialite can be deployed as a hybrid solution defining both on-network policy and roaming policy for people off-network.
After the jump — what you need to know about Socialite.
The application in a sentence
Socialite is a security management and compliance solution for social networks that allows organizations to deploy a SaaS solution suite to monitor, control and archive activity conducted on the corporate network.
Ways the product benefits social media campaigns
- Logging conversation and content — Socialite captures all posts, messages and commentary made to Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter in context, including exporting to an archive for eDiscovery
- Granular application control — Enables access to Facebook and its thousands of “applets” by category or individual application, while denying access to chat and the ability to download/install applications in the gaming category
- Activity control — The ability to manage access to features, such as who can read, like, comment upon or access 95 different features in Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
The hybrid deployment options offered by FaceTime are significant for organizations in industries such as the financial services industry, where communications are more closely regulated. Socialite allows those companies to employ social media in a controlled and managed way.
- Identity Management — The ability to establish a single corporate identity and track users across multiple social media platforms, e.g., @SarahFaceTime on Twitter and Sarah Louise Carter on LinkedIn
- Data leak prevention — Prevents sensitive data from leaving the company, either maliciously or inadvertently
- Moderator control — Enables pre-approval of Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter content by a corporate communications officer or other third party when required
- Log conversation and content — Captures all posts, messages and commentary made to Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter in context, as well as exporting to an archive of choice for eDiscovery
Socialite is applicable to any organization wanting or required to monitor, control and archive the activity on social media sites on the corporate network.
Socialite is available as a yearly SaaS subscription starting at $12 per user per month for 100 users or as an on-premise deployment for $5,000 for 100 users.
Compared to competition
According to the company, “Socialite is the only solution to be deployed as a hybrid solution, allowing organizations to define an on-network policy and a roaming policy for people off-network.”
With an ever-increasing number of social media marketing options, brands and agencies are searching for solutions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of their campaigns. This series reports on significant product releases and updates to assist in selecting the most appropriate tools to meet individual objectives. We recently presented RowFeeder, Infused Palermo, Involver AMP, Context Optional Social Marketing Suite and Scout Labs .