Android is an operating system, created by Google, that has taken over many mobile devices, such as cell phones, tablets, and netbooks. As mobile devices have become more popular, Android has become one of the leading players in the world of mobile development. In recent years, we’ve also seen a rise beyond cell phones, into even more advanced SmartPhones, reading tablets, and mini-computer tablets (such as the iPad).
Exploring Android App Developers GUI Kits, Icons, Fonts and Tools
All of these devices are leading more towards personal customization, and this customization is only possible through the world of developers that are ever-growing the list of Android apps. In this post we have a list of some very useful Android tools, templates, and tutorials. Any developer, beginner to advanced, can get started with Android development easily and in the right direction.
Main Android Websites
Main Android Websites
* Android.com – The main website for Android that can tell you a bit more about the operating system, how to get involved as a developer, and what devices use Android. There are also technical updates and media coverage of the Android platform.
* Android 2.2 Developer’s Blog – Stay up to date with the official Android developer blog for Android’s newest versions: 2.2.
* Android Developers – The official Android developer site, created by Android.com. Here you can download the SDK and all other essential tools for Android development, plus check out some other cool resources, tutorials, and view the official documentation.
* Android SDK – The SDK for Android development. Available for free off of the Android Developer’s website.
* Android Market – This is where you can find a list of popular apps, and either purchase them or find free alternatives. Even if you do not choose to buy apps, this website can be a great place to get ideas for Android apps, or to see the power of what Android can do.
* Android Open-Source Project – A community of developers for open-source technology related to the Android. Again, there are resources, tutorials, and more for creating other applications that are compatible with the latest version of Android.
Android GUI Tools & Resources
Designing is just as important on a mobile device as it is on the web or even in print design. Fortunately, for the Android platform, there are a number of Graphical User Interface kits and tools available to help any designer or developer get the job done quickly and easily.
Android GUI Prototyping – v1.4
Creating the interface for any application can be a difficult process, but this tool is here to help. This is the Android GUI Prototyping tool for Microsoft Visio. If you use visio for wireframing, sitemaps, etc. then this tool can provide you with all the stencils needed to begin wireframing GUI’s for an Android device.